Now for the details
Trulux is bound by the NZ Privacy Act 1993. For more information, visit www.privacy.org.nz.
Collection and use of personal information
At Trulux, we often collect limited personal information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”) such as: (i) name, mailing and email addresses; (ii) residential address, city, state, postcode, area code, gender, age, purchase history, income, hobbies and interests (iii) products you own, model numbers, date and place of purchase. If you communicate with us by e-mail, or complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information. For example, we may request personal information from you when you:
- order goods that require delivery;
- contact us for further information;
- participate in surveys and other types of research;
- enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest hosted by Trulux;
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- register your details on our web site;
- ask for a quote to be prepared;
Other information we may collect
For statistical purposes we collect anonymous information on web site activity (such as top pages viewed, the number of pages viewed, the number of sessions, most popular session times). We use this data to evaluate our web site performance and to improve the content we display to you.
To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising (including clickthroughs from email marketing), we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No personal information is collected on these occasions.
Trulux uses tracking technologies such as cookies to recognise your browser each time it visits our site, and to track which pages you visit whilst on our site. We use this information to optimize our site and create a better online experience for you.
Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s browser. However, if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them.
How we use your information
Trulux uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. Trulux may share your Personal Information amongst related bodies corporate of Trulux. Trulux also uses your Personal Information:
- to complete a transaction.
- to deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly whether by email, telephone or mail. We may also keep information on your communications with our customer service representatives.
- to keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels. You will be able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time.
- to enhance your customer experience and help us complete your transactions faster.
- for planning, product development or research purposes.
Disclosure of personal information
We will only send Personal Information to third party organisations when:
- we have your consent to share the information;
- we need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have
- we need to send your information to companies that are contracted to Trulux e.g. mailing houses, IT service providers, service providers (e.g. assemblers, repairers), web developers, marketing agencies, finance companies; or
- we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information.
Such information remains under Trulux custodianship at all times and the agents involved are bound
by specific confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
Access and correction
You can have access to the personal information we hold about you. Should you wish to access this information, please contact our Privacy Officer on the details below. Our goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact our Privacy Officer if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. A $25 administration fee will be charged for the retrieval of personal information to cover our costs. No fee applies to the correction of personal information.
Third-party web sites
Links to third party web sites on www.trulux.co.nz are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the Trulux site. Trulux is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their usage of your personal information.
Trulux is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Changes to this statement
Pacific Glass Limited trading as Trulux
20 Carpenter Rd, East Tamaki 2013, Auckland Phone: 092651790